OSHA Excavation Competent Person Course 2023 | Jeff. City
This course has been designed specifically for those involved in excavation, trenching, and related operations. OSHA requires a "Competent Person" to oversee these job sites, as they are some of the most hazardous of all construction operations. Topics covered in this course include:
- 29 CFR 1926, Subpart P
- OSHA Excavation Competent Person
- Soil Classification Categories
- Fall Protection
- Protective Systems
- Access and Egress
- Exposure to Falling Loads
- Exposure to Vehicular Traffic
- Water Accumulation
- Identification of Underground Utilities & One
- Hazardous Atmospheres
- Emergency Rescue Planning
- Criminal Prosecution & Wrongful Death
Lawsuits relating to Trenching/Excavation
Knowledge check: A written multiple-choice learning exercise is administered at the conclusion of the course.
Course completion documentation: Upon successful course completion, each participant will receive a photo ID data card from The Builders, a chapter of the AGC.
When: Wednesday, Oct. 11 | 8 to 11:30 a.m.
Cost: $99 for members | $125 for nonmembers
To register: Please contact Morgan Morrison | 816.595.4130