Building Information Modeling (BIM) has had an incredible impact on the Design and Construction industries, with a big focus for the “vertical” market. How though, is it impacting the horizontal (infrastructure) market?
This workshop is intended to answer that question, aimed at those of you who are new(ish) to the concept of Information Modeling as it applies to non-building projects like: infrastructure for dams, waste facilities, rail, transit, aviation, energy, roads, highways, bridges, public parks and recreation, water, and wastewater. You will learn the terminology for holding your own in conversations about Information Modeling on jobs, as well as gaining a deeper understanding of what Information Modeling for Infrastructure is and how you might begin to use it.
Come to this session prepared to interact – it is not a lecture format, instead we will have frank discussions about the overall process and take a deeper dive into the specifics about what this dynamic technological process means to you.
At the end of this workshop, attendees will:
- Gain an understanding of what BIM/CIM/VDC is and how it applies to horizontal construction and infrastructure projects.
- Be ready to take on BIM/CIM/VDC with deeper insight of its impacts on the AECO industry.
- Want to learn more about the BIM/CIM/VDC process and how it might apply to their specific organization(s).
- Have the ability to create an action plan for getting started with BIM/CIM/VDC on their projects.
- Understand the benefits of BIM/CIM/VDC for Infrastructure
These four courses build on each other to combine the latest information on BIM processes and technologies, step-by-step procedures for integrating BIM into the project delivery process, real-life case studies of successful BIM implementation, and the practical issues all parties need to understand when using BIM on a construction project.
Courses are delivered via Zoom; a webcam and mic are required for participation. Headsets or earbuds are strongly recommended.
Note: This is an AGC of America class. AGC of America will handle all registrations, payment and questions. For questions, contact [email protected].
When: Thursday, March 7, 2024 | 12 to 4 p.m. (Central)