Established in 1992, The Builders Scholarship Foundation uses investment income from the scholarship endowment fund to create scholarships for outstanding individuals preparing for a career in construction within the area served by the association. Through members’ generous donations, the fund now exceeds $1,000,000. The Foundation currently supports the following 29 named scholarships through the generosity of particular benevolent member companies:
- A.L. Huber General Contractor
- Carl and Josephine Privitera/Mark One Electric
- Firebaugh Construction, Inc.
- Fogel-Anderson Construction Company
- George Betts, Jr. Memorial
- George J. Shaw Construction Company
- Grand Construction
- International Builders – IBC, Inc.
- James L. Hutton, Sr./William W. Hutton Memorial
- James L. “Skip” Hutton, Jr.
- J.E. Dunn, Sr.
- Jeff Ammon Memorial
- Jene Hayes/Hayes Drilling, Inc.
- John and Jill Dunn
- John Rohrer Contracting Company
- Kelly Construction Group
- Kenneth O. Von Achen Memorial
- Mary McNamara/Cornell Roofing & Sheet Metal Company
- McCownGordon Construction
- Murray Company
- Patricia A. Carroll
- Pearce Construction
- Phillip W. Moore Memorial
- Rau Construction Company
- Senter Family
- Turner Construction Company
- V.S. DiCarlo Memorial Scholarship
- Whitley Construction
How to Apply
To be eligible, applicants must plan to be a full-time college student in the Fall 2024 or Spring 2025 semester studying in a construction-related program (construction management, engineering, or architecture). The deadline to submit an application for the Fall 2024/Spring 2025 scholarship is Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2023.
For general scholarship inquiries, please contact Pam Wheeler.
Donate to the fund
In 1989, The Builders Board of Directors approved a recommendation to create The Builders Scholarship Foundation. Since that time, scholarship investments have helped many talented young people in their efforts to gain an education in construction-related fields. Many of them are now building a future in the construction industry. The Board of Directors encourages you to be a part of this wonderful endeavor by contributing to the Foundation. Every contribution is an investment with substantial and long-term dividends.
The Builders Scholarship Foundation is recognized as a publicly supported organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code. As such, donors who contribute to the Foundation may deduct their contributions as provided in Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Service Code.
If you would like to contribute to The Builders Scholarship Foundation, please contact Erica Jenkins or Connie Kapfer for more information.